Good Day. The sun is out and a new day has just begun.Get out your buckets and spades and lets go out and have fun, hats on sunglasses too, and making sure sun protection is covering you.
Here are 5 tips as to why moderate sunlight is good for us:
- It reduces stress which is a normal physical response to events that make you feel threatened or upset your balance in some way. Stress can be good in small doses as it can help us move up a gear, but when it is prolonged it can have a negative effect on us. We can reduce our stress levels by taking some time to enjoy the sunshine. A knock on benefit is that can help you sleep better at night.
- Reduces anxiety, which is the response to stressful situations. Being in the sunlight can be a soothing experience. It is possible to be out and about and engage with people so we reduce our anxiety.
- Sunlight can help fight depression as it can improve your mood.
- For people who suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) during the winter months, can feel better in summer as you are able to have more sunlight.
- Better Relationships with family as there can be more quality time spent together.
Moderate sunshine can help us be more resilient as it impacts on our physical, emotional, mental and spiritual energy – Happy days. Enjoy moderate sunlight, and remember the golden rule of being in the sun is to wear sun protection. Have fun and be safe in the sun.